PRAIRIE PEOPLE: Week ending April 12
Banner Associates announces new leadership
BROOKINGS, S.D. – Three staff members have been promoted by Banner Associates, a Brookings-based engineering, architectural and land surveying consulting firm.
- Rich Uckert was promoted to office manager for Banner Associates’ office in Sioux Falls, S.D. Uckert joined Banner Associates while he was a student at South Dakota State University, where he earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees in civil engineering.
- Adam Hanson, based in the Brookings office, now serves as the department head for the structural engineering division.
Hanson joined the firm in 2004. He earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from North Dakota State University.
- Joe Munson, based in the Sioux Falls office, now serves as the department head for the water resources division. Munson, who joined the firm in 2009, earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from South Dakota State University.
Nelson joins Houston Engineering
THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minn. – Travis Nelson has joined Houston Engineering’s Thief River Falls office as a Civil Technician II.
Nelson is a Thief River Falls native and earned his bachelor’s degree in environmental design, landscape design and planning from the University of Minnesota.
Muth Electric announces leadership changes
MITCHELL, S.D. – Muth Electric has announced the following additions and changes in leadership positions.
- Dick Muth has moved from CEO to chairman of the board for the company. Darlene
Muth continues in the corporate secretary role and will remain on the board of directors.
- Paul Muth, who has been with the company for 40 years, has become the president/CEO. During those years, he has been in various positions at Muth Electric, including vice president of Operations.
Muth is a graduate of Mitchell Technical Institute.
- Terry Sabers has announced his retirement for December 2019 after 45 years with Muth Electric. At the company, Sabers has overseen all accounting/finance duties.
- Lyndon Maas has been hired as chief financial 0fficer. He’ll assume all financial oversight for Muth Electric upon Sabers’ retirement in December.
Maas is a graduate from the University of Sioux Falls and is a certified public accountant. Maas comes to Muth Electric with a background in public accounting and a multi-location retail agriculture business.
- Paul Mayer has been promoted to vice president of operations for Muth Electric. After graduating from Mitchell Technical Institute, Paul joined Muth Electric in 2001 as an apprentice electrician and has worked his way up through the company.
Muth Electric was founded by Dick and Darlene Muth in 1970. Since beginning as a two person company, it has grown to 400 employees in 12 locations across three states.
Aldevron hires quality assurance and information systems directors
FARGO, N.D. – Biotechnology company Aldevron has announced the hiring/promotion of two executives.
- Victoria Sowemimo has joined Aldevron as its new director of quality assurance.
Before joining Aldevron, Sowemimo served as associate director of quality operations at Purdue Pharma. Earlier in her career, she held executive positions at GlaxoSmithKline and Novozymes A/S.
Sowemimo earned a master’s degree in medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry from Loughborough University in England and a doctoral degree in pharmacy from Monash University in Australia.
In 2008, she earned her MBA from Duke University in North Carolina with an emphasis in health sector management.
- Michael Jablon of Aldevron has been named senior director of information systems.
Jablon joined Aldevron in 2008 as a director and program manager. Before joining Aldevron, Jablon held a leadership role at Appareo, a custom engineering firm, and also worked as a senior manager at SEI, a global provider of software development, implementation and technical support services.
Jablon holds undergraduate degrees and an MBA from North Dakota State University.
Essentia Health hires neonatologist in Fargo
FARGO, N.D. – Dr. Saloni Agarwal, a neonatologist, has joined the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Essentia Health-Fargo.
Agarwal earned a medical degree from Grant Medical College & Sir Jamshedjee Jeejeebhoy Group of Hospitals in Mumbai, India. She completed a residency in pediatrics at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Ill., and a fellowship in neonatal and perinatal medicine at the University of Texas San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas.
She is certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Eide Bailly announces partner promotions
FARGO — Eide Bailly, a regional CPA and business advisory firm, has announced the promotion of four staff members in the company’s Fargo office.
- Jon Ault and D.C. Lucas have both been promoted to technology consulting partner.
- Ryan Beste has been promoted to audit partner, and Brent Roeder has been promoted to tax partner.