Prairie Business announces 2018 Top 25 Women in Business
GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- Prairie Business is proud to announce its 2018 Top 25 Women in Business winners. More details about each one are included in the March issue of the magazine, the digital edition of which is available here.
Now in its fifth year, the annual contest was created to draw attention to the many creative, successful businesswomen in North Dakota, South Dakota and western Minnesota.
Honorees were selected through a nomination process that emphasized professional achievement, community contributions and volunteerism. The 25 winners come from finance, construction, health care, retail and other industries, and have made exceptional contributions in their chosen fields and communities.
"We're truly inspired by this year's winners, all of whom are dedicated and high-achieving professionals," said Tom Dennis, Prairie Business editor.
"We're honored to showcase the winners and their achievements in the pages of this month's magazine. Congratulations to them all."
This year's Top 25 Women in Business are:
● Becky Baker – Environmental Planner, KLJ, Sioux Falls, S.D.
● Haylee Cripe – Attorney and vice president, Mackoff Kellogg Law Firm, Dickinson, N.D.
● Amber Ferrie – Partner in transaction services, Eide Bailly, Fargo, N.D.
● Tiffany Ford – Associate state director, North Dakota Small Business Development Centers, Grand Forks, N.D.
● Laura Hagstrom – Water resources engineer, Widseth Smith Nolting, Alexandria, Minn.
● Jen Hanley – Technical manager, Ulteig, Fargo, N.D.
● Deidre Hillman – Program Director, North Dakota Women’s Business Center, Bismarck, N.D.
● Brittney Hogan – Executive Director, Minot Public Schools Foundation, Minot, N.D.
● Kristi Huber – President, United Way of Cass-Clay, Fargo, N.D.
● Vicki Karpyak – Senior Vice President and Director of Operations, First International Bank & Trust, Watford City, N.D.
● Dori Leslie – President/vice president, CHI Friendship, Fargo, N.D.
● Ann McConn – Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer, Alerus, Fargo, N.D.
● Liza McLean – Co-owner, Smiling Moose Deli franchises, Grand Forks, N.D.
● Sarah Meusburger – Human Resources Director, Banner Associates, Brookings, S.D.
● Michelle Miller – Human Resources Divisional Director, KLJ, Bismarck, N.D.
● Cris Oehler – Vice President, Public Relations, Otter Tail Power Co., and Vice President, Corporate Communication, Otter Tail Corp., Fergus Falls, Minn.
● Alexis Odden – Audit Manager, Eide Bailly, Fargo, N.D.
● Erin Ostler – Vice President of Sales, Midco, Minneapolis
● Tari Rayala – Architectural Team Leader, Karvakko, Bemidji, Minn.
● Cindy Schreiber-Beck – President, CinderWhit Co., Wahpeton, N.D.
● Lorena Starkey – General Manager, Hyatt House Minot, Minot, N.D.
● Brooke Swier Schloss – Partner, Swier Law Firm, Sioux Falls, S.D.
● Karen Thingelstad – Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Minnkota Power Cooperative, Grand Forks, N.D.
● Paula Vistad – Executive Director, Devils Lake Area Chamber of Commerce, Devils Lake, N.D.
● Billi Jo Zielinski – President and CEO, Make-A-Wish North Dakota, Fargo, N.D.
Please join us from 5 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 17, in the Dakota Ballroom at the Avalon Events Center, 2525 9th Ave. S. in Fargo, N.D., to celebrate the 2018 Top 25 Women in Business and 2017 40 Under 40. It's free! Food, drinks and fun. RSVP at tinyurl.com/PrairieBusinessCelebration.
About Prairie Business magazine: For 17 years, Prairie Business magazine has served as the only business-to-business magazine dedicated to the northern Plains. More than 20,000 print and digital copies are distributed monthly. The magazine focuses on successes and opportunities in the northern Plains states of North Dakota, South Dakota and western Minnesota and covers a variety of business topics including higher education, finance, architecture and engineering, agribusiness, energy, health care, economic development, tourism, technology and construction.